- Did you know that Seizure Action Plans do not cover the educational needs of students with epilepsy?
- Do you have questions as to whether or not your child is receiving an appropriate education?
- Does your student with epilepsy have an Individualized Education Plan or 504?
- Does your child need an IEP or 504 Plan?
Empowering Epilepsy would like to help you address the educational needs of your child with epilepsy in addition to a Seizure Action Plan.
Join Tammie Sebastian from The Ohio Coalition for the Education of Children with Disabilities as she presents: Reducing Barriers Through Advocacy Training from 9:30 – 11:30 a.m.
Participants will learn strategies that will enable them to become confident advocates for their child’s special education needs. The parent’s role before, during and after the IEP meeting will be explored. Suggestions for record keeping and for effectively communicating with school district personnel will be discussed in detail.
You may also register for an hour personalized session tailored specifically to the educational needs of your child. Parents will leave with a better understanding of their child’s IEP and plan on how to work collaboratively with their schools to develop and maintain future IEP’s.
Individual one hour time slots available on a first come first serve basis:
- 12:15 – 1:15 p.m.
- 1:15 – 2:15 p.m.
- 2:15 – 3:15 p.m.
- 3:15 – 4:15 p.m.
Things to bring:
If your child is on an IEP/504:
- Your top 3 concerns regarding your student’s IEP or 504 Plan.
- ETR (Evaluation Team Report); also known as a Multi-factored Evaluation (MFE).
If your child is not on an IEP, some helpful documents to bring include:
- Your concerns with your child’s educational programming.
- Any supporting documentation, including tests, grades/report cards, progress reports, teacher concerns/observations, etc.
- Any outside evaluations from doctors, psychologists, speech pathologists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, or any related services.
- Advocacy Training and Individual Time Slot (please note, they will not take place back to back)
- Advocacy Training only from 9:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Individual Time Slot only based on chosen registration times
To learn more or register for this event, contact Leigh Goldie at 440-248-6158 or Leigh@empoweringepilepsy.org.