Please be advised of the following disclaimers from Empowering Epilepsy
Empowering Epilepsy is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization promoting the health and wellness of people and families of people diagnosed and living with epilepsy outside of their neurologist’s office.
- All of the information contained on this website, http://empoweringepilepsy.org is for informational and educational purposes only.
- This website contains general information about epilepsy and treatments. Do not rely on any information on this website to substitute for the medical advice from your neurologist, primary care physician, psychologist, or other professional healthcare provider.
- The information provided on this website contains the opinions and experiences of it’s author, Leigh Goldie, and/or contributors to the site, and may also included opinions and experiences of guest authors, who are identified as such. This website is not intended to provide medical, health or nutritional advice and should not be relied on for that purpose.
- None of the information on this website is intended to replace the advice of your physician, psychologist, psychiatrist, dietician or other licensed health care advisor or provider.
- If you believe you are experiencing epilepsy, or any other health condition, and have not been evaluated by a medical doctor or other licensed health care professional, you should seek immediate medical attention.
- Leigh Goldie, the Founder and Executive Director of Empowering Epilepsy is not a medical doctor and has not been trained in neurology. She relies solely on her personal experiences of living with epilepsy. She has a Masters of Education Degree from John Carroll University.
- Empowering Epilepsy collects email addresses and contact information from those who have subscribed to our newsletter. They are used to update subscribers on upcoming events and information related to Empowering Epilepsy. We may occasionally contact you with special offers from us or our sponsors that we believe you may be interested in. You may unsubscribe at any time. We will not share, sell, or giveaway any of your contact information to outside companies without your permission.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.